|Surprise in the Midst of Drought, #2|
This is the second quilt I have made based on the photo I took during the hot summer drought of some brave little wild flower survivors! A friend like my original quilt so much that she asked if she could buy it. I didn't want to part with it, since it was the one I had done for my Material Mavens group, but I told her I'd love to make a second one for her, as a gift, not for her to purchase.
I had lots of fun making the second quilt! This is the second duplicate quilt I've made this year; the first one was the Michigan Beach Boys quilt, which was different in several ways from the first. This one, too, is NOT an exact duplicate. I used the photo to guide me, not the first quilt. So the flowers appear in different positions, and I included more of the green leaves.
Just to compare, here is Surprise in the Midst of Drought, Number One below. I took this photo outside, and it's interesting to me that the hand stitching seems to show up so much better in this one than in Number Two:
|Surprise in the Midst of Drought, #1|
So now I'll who a photo of Number Two, taken outside, to see if the stitching shows up better than in the one I took inside, beside a bright window, using no flash. Here's the outdoor shot of #2. The colors are truer; definitely, I need always to take these little quilt's pictures outside on a bright, sunny day: