Today I followed the same procedure described in Part Two and made two more cloth "paper dolls" of the other two grandsons. Here's an image:
|Malcolm in green shorts and Locke in blue|
At this point, there is no shading on the boys' bodies, and thus is is hard to see the definition of the boys' arms. And in the case of Locke on the right, his two legs are not defined. This will be done by adding in shadows or shading, where they appear in the photo on which this quilt is based. None of the boys have shoes, either, but it is easier to add the shoes after the boys have been fused to the background, yet to be constructed.
I did add the spade already to Malcolm, as it is crucial to have it in order for his right hand to look right. Clicking on the photo might bring these areas into closer focus. Here's a cropped picture of Malcolm that you might be able to click on to see better what I meant about the hand and the little spade!
Here's another of just Locke. I had to do his hair twice (using some of the Stonehenge fabric mentioned in the last post), and I'm still not 100% happy with it. At least I got the lighter areas of the fabric at the top of his head, where in the photo his hair does appear lighter. I had to make his shorts twice, before I was pleased with the result. I'll a bit of shading to them, too, to show where the two legs of the shorts separate.